Entering into simplicity
A retreat for newcomers
Step into the elemental beauty of Sudarshanaloka Retreat Centre in the Coromandel hills, and a simple programme of meditation, ritual and good company.
The programme is suitable for newcomers with some experience, as well as those who are completely unfamiliar with our practices.
Those who have attended previously are very welcome to return as although the programme may have similarities, each retreat is as unique as those who attend.
What to expect:
- A period of meditation (with leg stretches) between 7 and 9am, followed by breakfast
- A talk, discussion and / or reflective practice from mid-morning until lunchtime
- A spacious afternoon to enjoy the hills, rivers and forests
- An early evening practice session, followed by dinner
- An evening ritual practice
- A short work period with others each day, as we share simple food preparation and clean-up over the retreat period
- Numbers will be limited to 14 including those leading
Start: 15 Sep 2023 at 6:30pm
Finish: 18 Sep 2023 at 12:00pm
Cost: $330 (full) / $290 (low), Please don't let money be a barrier - contact us for options, Youth Special: $180 for those under 35 who are willing to camp (you'll need to bring your own camping gear)
Karunajoti’s first introduction to Buddhism was through a meditation class at the Auckland Buddhist Centre in 1999. This led to a strong desire to…
Order Members and Mitras
Triratna Order Members are members of our spiritual community who have made a commitment, known traditionally as Going for Refuge, to keeping the…